Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Holy Crap! I suck at blogging. So life has been all sorts of crazy recently. First, my car died, or I should say, it became too insanely expensive to fix. So I bought a new-to-me car! Woo to the Hoo! It is a black Honda Element, circa 2003. And I'm totally loving it. But of course, the day of and following the purchase, I was my usual neurotic self. One thing you should all know about me is that I HATE CHANGE!! No matter how much I want it, or think I need it, I hate it when it comes. Most normal people will enjoy something like a new car, especially if they were driving a beater like my old one, but not me, no way, I will worry and fret constantly about whether or not it was the right choice. Then I will start to think that I made a mistake. Good news: 3 weeks after my purchase I am finally happy with it. I am enjoying it every time I drive. No worrying about gas mileage, size, if it sounds right when I start it, if I heard a funny noise when I put it in reverse. Nope, just complete enjoyment of being able to opend my driver side door from the outside, enjoying strong heat, defrost on both the windshield and the rear window, and not feeling like my ass is dragging on the pavement! Also looking forward to using my airconditioning in the summer!!!

Oh, I will also be joining forces with my sister Lydia in the world of apartment renting. That means that we are moving in together. We have a place rented, and we will be moving in at the end of March. Pretty much everyone that knows the both of us, thinks this is a bad idea. Lydia and I used to fight like no other. It would be safe to say that we were mortal enemies, but in the last couple of years we have become good friends. Maturity snuck up on both of us, and all of a sudden I enjoy hanging out with her. I look forward to it. When she called and asked me to consider being her roommate, I felt an overwhelming feeling like it would be a good thing. And ever since that, I still feel the same, for the most part. I mean I questioned a little bit early on, but my gut kept telling me it was the right thing. I think this is the first time, in a long time, that I seem to be handling a big change well. Of course it hasn't actually happened yet. So we'll see.

Goodnight Internet, I have run out of things to say!

No comments: