Saturday, June 28, 2008

Storm of the Century . . .

Holy crap! I think a hurricane went through Omaha, Nebraska. They say its not a tornado, just a thunderstorm, but 70 - 80 mile an hour winds. So not normal.

I live in, as does most of my family and friends, an older part of town. The power lines are typically above ground, hanging out with like 200 year old trees. Giant trees. Trees that might kill you if they fell down. And they did. Yesterday. Two people actually died from a tree falling on their car. That is very sad. Thankfully, my family and friends are safe.

My neighborhood is trashed. The power finally came back on in our apartment in the middle of the night. I am about to head out to work. We'll see how things have improved.

I'll right more later, but I have to go eat breakfast.

No comments: