Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mom's Stuff

My mom was on vacation from her grueling job last week. Because of this I got to spend a couple evening with her making pizza and chatting. Actually, she pretty much made the pizza while we chatted. Cooking is her thing. I only help when asked. I did however start snooping around the house while playing with my craptastic digital camera. I took some pictures for fun, and after messing around with them, I loved the way they turned out.

This picture, and the last are the same picture with different effects. It has been a long time since I looked at my mom's china. I don't remember what the pattern is, but I used to love looking at this when I was younger. I still do. I even love the way the china cabinet smells on the inside.



This is the back of a dining room chair. Most of my mothers funiture has been worn to death overtime. This hole could very well have been started with me. I can remember trying to jam my fingures, and all sorts of things, in the circular holes made by the weave. I am not taking responsibilty for this hole, because they are way too many other things that I broke on the way out of childhood that I have had to take blame for.




This is a close up of a giant desk that is actually mine. I got it for hardly anything, and I left it at home when I left because it was so big and my first apartment was so small. Also, my youngest sister needed something for her computer. So it stayed. I hope to get it back someday when they are done with it. I'd like to use it for my sewing machine. No rush though, I still don't know how to sew.


This is a picture of my mom's detached garaged. I inverted the colors in the picture for fun and ended up liking the result. The picture looks so cold and lonely, which is the exact opposite feeling that I get at my mothers. I have spend quite a few evenings on the back deck staring at this. I also loved the combo of colors.



No comments: